Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Disney on a Dime

So, I've been planning a trip to Disney for us for years...Or at least in my heart, that is where I have always wanted to take the kiddos. But...it's an insanely expensive trip, especially for a family of 6. I have convinced myself that the only way to make that dream come true is have a "Disney Dish" (special savings, that is) I just started adding to the Dish last month, we had a few huge payments that were ending, so we figured it was the best time of any to start really saving. I opened the Dish with $100 and since 2/1 our total is up to $509.37. I had a half.com (from book sales) deposit and we got an escrow refund (I didn't even know you could get those :P) So, with the plan of:
6 Day Resort Reservation & Park tickets :       $2488
Estimated gas - (we are driving)                         $500
New tires ( to get us there & back safe)             $328
Food (pit stops) ($1 menu, baby)                      $100
Meals while @ resort (estimated)                      $600
Spending @ Resort (also plan on hitting up        $600

Disney Outlet)                                                  $4616
Misc. emergency or spending                              $384

Total cost to Disney                                          $5000
So....Just $4490.63 to go!
We are planning to go August 12-17, 2012. Its the end of the summer season (and pricing). (travel, discount or any advice would be mucho appreciated! :)



 I've added my little countain widget  :) so you can count down with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment