Monday, May 16, 2011

Stuffed Bell Peppers - Slowcooker Style






I have been craving stuffed peppers for a while, but don't really have the time to make them in the oven with working full time. So, I decided to try them in the crockpot.
Here's what I used:
4 - Bell Peppers
1 - Large Egg
 1lb of Ground beef or (ground turkey would work)
2 Cups Minute Rice
I can of tomato soup
2 cans of tomato sauce
1/2 cup water
***
First, cut the top off your bell peppers and gut. Discard the top and the insides. Rinse the bell peppers set aside. In a large bowl combine with your hands, the ground meat, egg, and 2 cups of rice. Add salt & pepper if you wish. Stuff peppers with rice/meat/egg mixture you just mixed with your hands.
In slowcooker, pour cans of tomato sauce, soup & water. Stir. Then place the stuffed peppers into the crock pot, I spooned some of the tomato sauce over the pepper then just cover on low for 4 hours.
(I put them on at 8 am - came home at 12 for lunch they were done, but I left them on "keep warm" and the peppers were just perfectly tender when i got home from work at 5p)

Prep was less than 15 minutes!
 That's my kinda dinner! Let me know if you try this recipe. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment